The ISO 14000 Family of Standards address various aspects of environmental management.
ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 14004:2004 focus on environmental management systems, and the other Standards in the Family focus on specific environmental aspects such as life cycle analysis, communication and auditing.
Just to explain a few:
• ISO 14001:2004 is the world’s most recognised framework for environmental management systems and an organisation can be certified to it
• ISO 14004:2004 complements ISO 14001 by providing additional guidance and useful explanations
• ISO 14050:2009 covers environmental management vocabulary
• ISO 14031:1999 provides guidance on how an organisation can evaluate its environmental performance
• ISO 14040 series of Standards provide guidelines on the principles and conduct of life cycle assessment studies and how to reduce the overall environmental impact of an organisation’s products and services
• ISO 14020 series of Standards address a range of different approaches to environmental labels and declarations